Saturday, May 3, 2014

I've been feeling tired lately

Lately, I've been asking myself, "why do I feel so tired?" Feeling fatigued and exhausted all the time can't be good for my body, and it has prompted me to look into why I'm always feeling sleepy. I realized energy drinks and caffeine won't help in the long run to help stay awake. The key is to find out the cause of being exhausted all the time. We'll look at a few reasons for drowsiness in this article.

'Why am I tired?'

I've learned that feeling fatigued can be difficult to pinpoint because there can be a lot of causes. A few causes are stress -- emotional and physical; problems with what is eaten -- i.e., food intolerance and deficiencies; along with any number of other causes, including medical. Stress can make a person tired. Emotional stress can cause physical duress, which, in turn, makes a person exhausted. It is also possible that sleep is issue. Quality of sleep is important, and a good 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a good starting point. Some people need more; some people need less. Either way, it's possible you could be stressing your body by sleeping too much or too little. You may also have medical issues like anxiety, grief, depression, and other issues that can cause exhaustion. Eating the right foods is also important. Our bodies need a balanced diet, which many Americans don't, to keep running at optimum. Without eating correctly, your diet may lack in minerals and vitamins. It's also possible to feel so tired and exhausted all the time if you have a medical problem. Ones that come to mind are the flu, sleep disorders, anemia, diabetes, cancer, heart issues, sleep disorders, and a host of many others. 'How do I stay awake?'

Tips to keep awake

A few good methods to stay awake during the day involve slowing down and an attitude tweak. More than likely, you are trying to do too much, which is causing a lot of stress in life. Cut back and remove some of the stresses. This is easier said than done, I know. But a large stress that people seem to get so caught up in is worrying about stuff they can't control. Focus on what you can control. Far too often, we worry about things we can't control. It doesn't make any sense to worry about a problem that may or may not affect you. One of my favorites: Exercise. Regular exercise can help relieve stress. Exercise seems counter-intuitive -- i.e., if you're tired now, you're going to be more tired afterwards. But during exercise, our brains release endorphins that make us feel good.

Eat right

Yes, eating right was mentioned earlier. But Americans don't do it. Fourteen percent of Americans eat at least two fruit servings and three vegetable servings a day, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. A good supplement to eating right is a multivitamin. And if you're looking for a source for good information about nutrition, take a look at the USDA "Dietary Guidelines for Americans" -- don't worry, these tips are good for non-Americans, too. Although I'm no medical expert, and I'm not providing any medical advice, I hope this information has helped you with the question, "why do I feel so tired?,' and provided some insight into being exhausted all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment